Last updated: September 22, 2021
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms", "Terms of Service") carefully before using the curiousscarlet.com website (herein referred to as the "Site") operated by Curious Scarlet LLC ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the “Site” is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the Service is provided, without express written permission by us.
- The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete, or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete, or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
Accepted Payment Methods
Curious Scarlet accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, ELO, Diners Club, PayPal, Shop Pay, Facebook Pay, Google Pay, Venmo, and Apple Pay.
Shop Pay Installments
How It Works
Your first payment will either be due at checkout or 2 weeks after your purchase. The next 3 remaining installments will be automatically charged to your card saved on Shop Pay every 2 weeks. And don't worry, you'll get an email reminder before each payment to keep you in the know.
You can pay with Shop Pay installments, for purchases between $50– $1,000, whenever you see it as a payment option during checkout. With installments, your first payment is due when you make your purchase, or about 14 days after, depending on a few factors, including which state you live in.
1. Fill your cart, then choose Shop Pay installments at checkout.
2. Choose the installment option as your payment method.
3. Choose a debit or credit card to use for payment, then tap Continue.
4. Complete the steps to verify your identity. This usually takes just a few seconds.
5. Agree to the terms, then tap Authorize purchase.
6. Enter the 4-digit verification code texted to your phone.
Accepted payment methods when paying in installments on Shop Pay
Any debit or credit card with a U.S. address.
There are no fees or penalties for paying more than your installment amount, or for paying off your whole balance early. Also, we don't charge late fees. Even so, partial payments or late payments may affect your chances of getting approved to pay with Shop Pay installments in the future.
For questions about installment payments on Shop Pay, visit shop.affirm.com/help
For questions about Shop Pay or the Shop App, visit shop.app/help/shop-pay
MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. According to our Return Policy, these products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only.
We have made every effort to display the colors and images of our products that appear at the store as accurately as possible. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region, or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. In our sole discretion, we may limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. If we change or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e‑mail and/or billing address/phone number provided when the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input. You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ‘’as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for contest entries for =contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us.
We are and shall be under no obligation:
- to maintain any comments in confidence
- to pay compensation for any comments
- to respond to any comments
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any rights of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary rights. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive, or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website.
You may not use a false e‑mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally, there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions related to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- for any unlawful purpose
- to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts
- to violate any international, federal, provincial, or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability
- to submit false or misleading information
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet
- to collect or track the personal information of others
- to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape
- for any obscene or immoral purpose
- to interfere with or circumvent the Service's security features or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent, or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties, or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall Curious Scarlet, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Curious Scarlet and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.